come some up a music...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

FYP - Find Your Partner Part 2

EEE FYP requirement is to have 2 students per project. Since the pairing up of project mates could be done freely by the students, a frenzy craze of finding last minute partners to work together broke out the day FYP Selection became available online. SMSes and emails few across devices and even across borders from students on overseas attachments and immersions programmes.

I personally received a few SMSes on offers to be project partners, hey thanks dudes, me long "attached" liaoz haha. I even help "match-mated" my fren doing attachment in Shanghai with other fren here in Singapore. I felt so accomplished at times.

The FYP commitee even came up with this online site where students without project partners could leave their particulars, contacts and interest online so that other FYP students could search for "lonely singles" easily. Seems to me like an online dating site.

Some post on the site looks like this:

XXX: Intrested taking a project under the information engineering section. Pls give me a call or email me.

YYY: Hi, I am interested in Digital Signal Processing. I fell in love with this topic when doing my UROP project. If you share the same interest, please contact me and let us discuss together. =)

ZZZ: Hi pals..I am ZZZ. Currently I have not found a patner yet. Anybody who have not found ur patner yet ? give me a call please.

Ya of course u dun have a partner, why else post here?

My personal suggestion on the best way to get "hitched" on this site would be to post funky and in style. Hey we are engineers, think out of the box man! Post what other do not post, have fun and get the attention, haha!

Some post like:

"Hey i like to scold professor pigs and paint the town red at nite. Meet at zouk tonight and check me out k?"

"Yes you! Ya you, dun hide. You, the one right infront of the computer screen! Yeah, you with the pretty face."

Or write a love poem: Roses are red, Violets are blue, NOT, NOR, NAND, AND are gates, You are my date!

If you are totally out of ideas, you could post your friendster link or your blog site so people know you mah. Yo, any ideas out there do comment yah. Thanks, all for the fun of it.

Even before FYP starts, i have already turn bonkers. i wonder what happens when the new terms starts.

All the best to all "singles", do "FYP" soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home