come some up a music...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

One Cold Night

Not sure if I’m gonna miss this…

my late night run around the campus of NTU.

I guess this is something only hostelites have the privilege of doing late in the night. No one has the ability to hinder you from putting on that running shoe and going up that uphill run.

The only thing that can stop you is you yourself.


My favorite route around campus...

Route 8 from this URL i found.

Start: Hall 6.

Up Canteen 2 to Canteen A.

Down to the back of NIE, along 199 route.

NIE Hockey field to Hall 11, 12, 14, 15.

Up Hall 11 to Graduate Halls.

Down Nanyang Meadows (Nice name.. hah) and back.


I especially like the stretch along the back of NIE down from Canteen A.

Gentle down slope.

Silent at night.

My panting, my running pace, my perspirations against the cold sweet and silent night.

Me, only me.

And of course, sounds of crickets if you listen.


Usually the “hot” time for running is after 10 or 1030 pm. Where many hostelites can be seen running, in twos, in groups or just alone around campus.

I like running alone.

Setting my own pace, letting thought come and go, all the self talk while just running.

Sometimes out running in the cold night round campus, you would check out on the “late night runners” running on the opposite side of the road running towards you. Then sometimes they would also check back on you. This “checking out” is like giving each other the silent encouragement to push on the run, to endure, you are almost there kinda feeling. Which is great.

I always have this impression of running along Tekong Highway in BMTC while running along Halls 11 to 15. Maybe it’s the orangey lights from the lamp post under the cold night, the smell and sight of the jungle of the live firing area along the long stretch of road. And not forgetting that these newer halls give impressions of the BMTC bunks. These definitely bring back the images of the road behind my company line in Tekong.


I guess the feeling of running around campus at night can never be the same outside.

In campus, there is much less traffic, or even zero traffic on the road. The black tar road is like totally yours. Without the traffic, the night is so silent and sweet. You are always safe running alone late in the night, cos you are running along the halls where hostelistes dwell. There are always hostelites around when you need one.


Many more nights to go!

2 Comments:

  • Hey sky_boi, I had a little time to kill and found your post titled this post. I was searching for professional keynote speaker in Las Vegas. Don't ask me how but your site came up. I enjoyed some of your posts. They gave me an idea. Funny how things work sometimes, don't you agree? Anyway I gotta run late for work get back to you later. Thanks from Las Vegas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • Hello from Las Vegas. I was doing research on Las Vegas convention speaker and came across your site sky_boi. The title this post attracked me. This is good reading, I'll pass it on to my associates. If you or any of your readers can help or offer information on Las Vegas convention speaker let me know. Glad I ran into your inspiration. I like to read blogs for creative ideas and themes. I get a lot of good ideas for acting. Thanks again for your time. Keep it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home