come some up a music...

Thursday, May 19, 2005

死他本

Stubborn.

She wanted me to perform a task at work today. Instantly before she explained how she wanted it to be done, my mind had already decided what and how i wanted it to look and to be done. I was totally switched off while she explained the details of how she wanted it. Felt rather pissed with her to take up my time to do her job. Besides, i seriously felt that the task was rather redundant, in my own point of view. But i still accepted it or she would whine and i would then melt.

I seriously thought my idea on how to get this thing done was the best. The way it would look, the efficency would be perfect. Thus, i eagerly waited for a chance to push my ideas to her while she did her explanation.

I showered her with my ideas at the note of her pause, "I dun understand why you need to do this?... i think this is not possible... why not we do this then that, so it would look like this and not that... so it would not look so messy... and then and then... then hor... then hor..."

Its definitely not wrong to be proud of your ideas. Whats wrong was that i immediately passed a judgement that her idea sucked big time even without listening to her explanation. I was really stuck up then. Maybe she was not someone with higher authority or because she was of the opposite gender?

After some discussions, i felt the way she wanted it to be done was actually a much better way to do it as compared to mine. Somehow i felt i had deliberately wanted to do the things the other way round. When she wanted A, i stubbornly wanted B, or A + B. No matter what it was, i was just stubborn and did not want to see myself following what she wanted.

Yar, say i'm a MCP.

But i consider myself more extra and stubborn. Even when guys or who ever tell me what to do, i always had my own way of thinking, especially when some creative ideas pops up.

Even the greatest leader need to learn to be a good follower.

I guess i have to be more open to the view of others. Even before you insist others to follow ur idea, at least give them a fair chance to speak up. Actually sometimes the way others do it may even be better than your own expectations.

359 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home