come some up a music...

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Little Boy



Kids always show their true self and feelings so easily to everyone. Especially to those that show love to them.

I got to realise and learn something thoughtful from a little boy i met that day at the archery shooting range near the place of work.

The little boy got my attention that night after work, as he was dare enough to stand and shoot with me, the "big kor kor", who was shooting with a much bigger n fiercer bow than his. He was a left handed archer and thus stood face to face with me, a right handed archer. Thus, i could see his every action while he shot.

This primary school boy had his mother with him at the range, sitting patiently behind him throughout the practice.

This little boy was really cute. Constantly looking back at his mom for every bad arrow then went. Ever so often he would show her the "i dunnoe why it went like dat" look. Once the boy whined to her, saying,

"How come the arrow dun go straight? Dunnoe why like dat?"

While the mom would patiently giving him support saying, "Are you aiming at the centre? Try and shoot straight..."

I stood there shooting my shots while enjoying the little conversations between mother and son.

It got me thinking how mothers unquestionably spend their precious time on their children. Always by their side no matter what happens, giving them the support that they children needs on whatever they do. Archery is not a sport that people can enjoy by watching if they do not know much. Nor is it easy to understand the way of shooting well by just seeing. However the boy's mom chose to accompany the boy to the range even with out much knowledge on archery on a late working night. She showed her encouragement by just watching, never asking for return.

Reflecting to the good old days as a little boy myself. One day, i suddenly told my mom i wanted to learn to play the guitar. She never questioned or discouraged me at my young age but took me the yamaha school the very next day to sign up for a classical guitar course. I remembered i was still in primary school then but i just can't really remember what drove me to want to learn the guitar.

And so i signed up for a beginner course and after the first lesson she bought me a guitar. Spending $100+ on some pieces of wood and metal strings seems a luxury to kids back in my days. Furthermore my mom would always take time to accompany me to the guitar lesson each week. These night guitar lessons were about 1 hr and she would always wait patiently to fetch me home after the class. This went on from my first beginners course to my last advance course.

Looking to the present, so often do i give my mom excuses that i am tired or i have personal stuff to do whenever she wants me to help her with something or to accompany her to go somewhere.

"Later, lah", "see how lah", were used so often that they have become so natural and immediate to me on responding to any of her requests.


Is it so hard for us to just stop and see what our loved ones have done for us? It could even be twice as difficult to see what we have done for them.

The time that moms have spent on us is so much that we can never measure up in our lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home