come some up a music...

Saturday, December 04, 2004

falling into hands of temptation

i've been warned but i still fell into it....

seniors alwaes warn me tat being in the key position of the team... we shld nv b tempted and accept gifts by any pple... especially notable pple in the archery arena... we shld try not to owe favours to anyone tat could jeopardise the club in anyway...

one of these notable pple came to ntu todae... our club decided to purchase some stuff from him in view of the upcoming competition... he is one of the dealers for a popular korean brand of archery equipment in sg...

so he asked wat arrows i was using and if i was willing to test out a set of prototype arrows developed by this popular korean brand... i felt no harm in trying

from his van he passed a dozen arrows to me and told me the market price would b ard $300 a dozen once it is tested to be ok and sold internationally...

wow... the arrows were nicely fletched and had new shiny silver pts... i felt really tempted to own another new set of arrows... he told me tat the arrows are 29 inches and wondered if i could draw them. i'm using ACE 670.. 28 inches... and i felt my arrows were quite short... so 29 could b just nice...

i really wanted him to give me the arrows to try...

"my arrows ard 28.5 to 29... so shld b ok" i said... just tryin to convince him and let me test it aniwae....

so he gave me the arrows and asked me to test them... and jokingly asked me to write a report after using them...

i went back and measured the prototype with mine... alas... it wasnt 29 inches like he said... it was abt 29.5 to 30 inches... much longer than i could draw... couldn't really shoot with it...

then i thought... hey... y me?

i wasn't really tat zai in shooting... besides... he could have easily given the national archers and let them test it out for him... at least they would b more experienced and skilled to do so...

there must b a catch somewhere... nobody would b so nice to give something expensive away... free of charge

i could only draw at most 28.5 inches... y could i have accepted a dozen so called 29 inch arrows...

i felt really stupid...

fooled by temptation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home