come some up a music...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

one



I initially wanted to write this a few days ago…

The beckoning of the OC (orientation camp) the day I came back to Singapore triggered the images from memory lane. The nicks on msn, the call from V, the anticipation of the OC around, told me how old I was getting on.

It has been one year since I started blogging.

The one that introduced me to blogging was Fiona, a lab mate I got to know back then.

I felt no harm in giving it a try.

I named it “come some up a music”… which happens to be the phrase Jacky Wu likes to say in his variety shows when he wants some music to be played in the background. At least that is what I thought he was saying lar.

OK, later then did I know he was actually saying “come some of a music”. But what the hack. At least, my blog name sounds unique wor.


And so I posted my first entry.

Instantly I felt the fun and the things I could do with this.

Officially, the first post was an entry about the orientation I went to help out one year back. After a year, I still felt it was a classic entry, one good story to go down memory lane.

I found that blogging was a great tool for me.

I wanted to get all my thoughts at the current period of time down onto something so that many years later I could still read it and reflect on my way of thinking back then. Be it funny, childish or emotional, at least it gave an opportunity to see the route and path of change and growth. To see the difference in thought and feeling on certain situations or issues in the different stages of life. Maybe that could make one be a better person and also provide an avenue to be more sensitive to issues that matter to the heart and to the mind.

I decided to keep my blog simple...

An effort to prevent myself from blogging for attention, sinking to the "dark side" of blogging.

What I required was just an avenue to write down interesting thoughts.

Yet at one point in time, I wanted to let more people to know of my blog. I wanted to msn or icq my blog address to all those on my contact list.

But somehow I did not.

Maybe I felt that even though I told them the address they would not bother to read. I felt that the stuff that I have intended to blog on would be too personal to let my friends to know of. Maybe because some of these entries would be bad mouthing them, maybe having to let more friends to know, my entries would be deviated to them, deviated from my intentions of blogging.

But after months of blogging, I just did not care about people viewing my blog. The sole intention was to keep as close to my initial intentions as possible.

My audience was me.

Me, myself, only.

So if you are the one who happens to have the priviledge to be invited to view my blog, be proud ok.

Count yourself as the lucky ones, that I would like to share some stuff with you.

After one year of knowing more of blogging, I got to “peep into the privacy of more bloggers”. Ok, actually it is not an intrusion of privacy lah, if you want to blog, then that means it is not something that you do not want others to know. Anything on the internet, everyone can access it some way or rather.

I felt the famous bloggers had their own share of audience with their good entries. But I still prefer to read bloggers of a much lower profile, someone with a little story of their own that they want to blog it out, it could very well be a garang guni man blogging the story of the interesting incidents that happen each day at work. I would gladly be the unheard, unsound audience, enjoying the very story that would trigger some thoughts in the mind or at heart.

So far, I have about 90 blogs that I have their feeds on my bloglines account.

However reading blogs owned by friends can never be compared to reading blogs of strangers. After one year of blogging, and I found the initial kakis that blogged together seems to have stopped. Guys like Edmund and Shaolong. No matter the reason to stop, hopefully you guys are still reading this blog wor.

One year of blogging, though not having many entries, I felt I became more sensitive to issues and things happening around me. Each entry has a story to tell, a reason meaningful to myself, and hopefully meaningful to someone who happens to chance upon it.


PS: Want to thank all readers who have been constantly reading this blog. Especially all those who commented on the entries before. It does make my day when i know from your comments that my article has made some sense to you people besides myself and it has brought some meaning and interest in some moment in time for you.

2 Comments:

  • good one! I think 1 yr later as u read thru this article u will think its another classic article! =)

    Oh one more thing, i like the PIC!!! i save a pic from my co's website with the same kinda effect just a few days ago...cool huh =P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 PM  

  • Yo...

    hehe.. thanks! at least i know u are still reading this blog of mine..

    consider all my entries to be classic lah.. haha.. all meaningful in some ways to me. guess as the years go by, time does add changes and flavours to each article..

    yeah.. glad that u like the pic... more can be found at my flickr. all comments welcomed!

    By Blogger sky_boi, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home