come some up a music...

Friday, December 24, 2004

ho ho ho... merry christmas

Woke up todae hearing christmas songs in the air.

Wasn't sure where it came from but at least it made me realise its christmas eve!

I got out from bed and saw this christmas card lying on my desk. Wow! Someone still remembered to send me a christmas card this christmas. Haha, I felt so happy all of a sudden and also surprised by who the sender might be.

It was a purple envelope with a snowman at the bottom left hand corner and bits of snowflakes in the background. Hand-written on it was,

"To: Jia Lin, ...(my address)... "

Then on the top right hand corner was a singapore stamp "23 cents".

Wah! The cost of posting a card is 23 cents? Guess it was ages since i posted anything traditionally, more correctly through snail-mail.

I quickly washed up and opened the envelope. So who would have my addy and send me a card?

Inside the card it read,

"Yo! Hope you find a gal you like soon and not have 'double bachelors'!"

"Happy Christmas",

signed GR

Hey thanks, din expect that you will send me a card. Glad that i'm one of the people in your card list! Best wishes to you too.

I have never thought how surprised and joyful it would be to receive a christmas card through the mail yet again after a few years of not having so. Reading these personalised wishes in the card could really make one feel connected and happy.

Who would still have kept the practice of sending well-wishes to people through mail boxes. At least i know i've stopped, since end of JC. I still remembered sending christmas cards to the wrong person then. Fortunate, that i din jeopardise any relationship between anybody from the inappropriate contents in the cards. If not it wouldn't be a happy christmas then.

So what made us stopped sending cards to people through the mail? Too busy? Feeling the hazzle to paste stamps, writting addresses, or burning too big a hole in the pocket as just too many people to send cards to? Could it be that we have not been receiving cards from friends that is why we have stopped doing so too?

"No wah... i send virtual cards!", what a great excuse i give myself.

Hmmm guess i have stopped doing so too. The internet has given great communication ability, but i feel that sending a real card with hand-written wishes, beats a virtual card with nice christmas chimes heads down. Guess the level of surprise and sincerity are different.

Its still not too late.

The next festive time is the coming New Year! Hmmm theres still 1 week left to make someone feel surprised, connected and happy upon receiving and reading your card.

Hehe, dun forget to send me a card too :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home