come some up a music...

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Box it up

Pardon me for my ignorance, why is 26th Dec known as boxing day? I find it funny to receive presents on Christmas, then wait anxiously until the next day to open up the presents. Why not just open them on the same day and save all the anxiousness. Or maybe the presents are just to difficult to open, and need a day to do so.

Thats just what happened to me. i received "the most difficult to open and the longest time to open" present ...



It was a bear in a christmas socking sealed in a tin can.

Though it didn't take a day to unwrap my present, it took me and my friends some extra time and effort to "unbox" it. Initially we used keys to pry open the lid, so that the can will not be dented and still be kept. Nope that din work. The can was passed from one person to another, it was like a new game to entertain ourselves besides the ones we have been playing before exchanging gifts at my friend's place.

Eventually i gave the green light to use the can opener. Lucky no keys were chipped in the process.

Yeah i like my gift although it took up a bit of time before i got to see it. It gave me a bit of attention in the crowd as everyone tried to help me with the "unboxing" of it.

Good things just doesn't come easy?

Happy Holidays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home